1, 2School of Mechanical-Electronic and Vehicle Engineering, Weifang University, Weifang, 261061, Shandong, China
Journal of Vibroengineering, Vol. 21, Issue 6, 2019, p. 1724-1737.
Received 14 December 2018; received in revised form 3 May 2019; accepted 14 May 2019; published 30 September 2019
For considering the connection and mutual influences between ride comfort and handing stability of a vehicle, a collaborative study on the two performances is carried out in the paper. Firstly based on the UniTire model and combined with filtered white noise models for front and real road excitations, 4-DOF plane model for ride comfort and 2-DOF plane model for handling stability, a collaborative model for ride comfort and handing stability is built by adopting state equations, and a collaborative simulation algorithm for them is also proposed. Then, a collaborative simulation on the ride comfort and handing stability of a vehicle under common road grade and speed conditions is conducted. The results show that the ride comfort and handling stability of a vehicle can be simulated simultaneously by using the collaborative model. The handling stability parameters simulated with the linear UniTire model are larger than those simulated with the nonlinear UniTire model, indicating that it is obviously conservative to study vehicle handling stability with the linear UniTire model.
- A collaborative model for ride comfort and handing stability is built by adopting state equations
- The handling stability model has no effect on the ride comfort model
- The parameters obtained by the handling stability and the collaborative model don’t show certain regularity
Keywords: ride comfort, handing stability, collaborative model, collaborative simulation, UniTire model.
This paper was supported by the Science and Technology Program Foundation of Weifang under Grant 2015GX007 and the Foundation Research Funds for the Central Universities under Grant 3122016A004. The first author gratefully acknowledges the support agency.
- Guo P., Zhang J. H. Metrical model and multi-objective optimization analysis of vehicle vibration. Journal of Zhejiang University-Science A (Applied Physics and Engineering), Vol. 18, Issue 5, 2017, p. 393-412. [Publisher]
- Gangadharan K. V., Chandramohan S. Analytical studies on ride quality and ride comfort in chennai mass rapid transit system (MRTS) railroad vehicle. Journal of The Institution of Engineers (India): Series C, Vol. 99, Issue 6, 2018, p. 737-742. [Publisher]
- Youn I., Khan M. A., Uddin N., Youn E., Tomizuka M. Road disturbance estimation for optimal preview control of active suspension systems based on tracked vehicle model. International Journal of Automotive Technology, Vol. 18, Issue 2, 2017, p. 307-316. [Publisher]
- Hemanth K., Hemantha Kumar, Gangadharan K. V. Vertical dynamic analysis of quarter car suspension system with MR damper. Journal of the Brazilian Society of Mechanical Sciences and Engineering, Vol. 39, 2017, p. 41-51. [Publisher]
- Du F. Frequency weighting filter design for automotive ride comfort evaluation. Chinese Journal of Mechanical Engineering, Vol. 29, Issue 4, 2016, p. 727-738. [Publisher]
- Li J., Wang W. Z., Zhao Q., Zhang C. X. Random vibration analysis of military vehicle based on pseudo-excitation method. Automotive Engineering, Vol. 38, Issue 3, 2016, p. 368-372. [CrossRef]
- Huanming C., Konghui G. Simulation of the effects of tire performance on vehicle handling stability. Automotive Engineering, Vol. 37, 2015, p. 491-495. [CrossRef]
- Choi B. C., Cho S., Kim C. W. Sequential approximate optimization of Macpherson strut suspension for minimizing side load by using progressive meta-model method. International Journal of Automotive Technology, Vol. 19, Issue 3, 2018, p. 455-461. [Publisher]
- Navid M., Hamid A., Saeid N., Kyle N. Directional and sectional ride comfort estimation using an integrated human biomechanical-seat foam model. Journal of Sound and Vibration, Vol. 403, 2017, p. 38-58. [Publisher]
- Gong D., Zhou J., Sun W. Passive control of railway vehicle car body flexural vibration by means of under frame dampers. Journal of Mechanical Science and Technology, Vol. 31, Issue 2, 2017, p. 555-564. [Publisher]
- Hemanth K., Kumar1 H., Gangadharan K. V. Vertical dynamic analysis of quarter car suspension system with MR damper. Journal of Brazilian Society of Mechanical Sciences and Engineering, Vol. 39, 2017, p. 41-51. [Publisher]
- Liang L., Qing Z., Xinbiao X., et al. Integration of car-body flexibility into train-track coupling system dynamics analysis. Vehicle System Dynamics, Vol. 56, Issue 4, 2018, p. 485-505. [Publisher]
- Javanshir I., Maseleno A., Tasoujian S., Oveisi M. Optimization of suspension system of heavy off-road vehicle for stability enhancement using integrated anti-roll bar and coiling spring mechanism. Journal of Central South University of Technology, Vol. 25, 2018, p. 2289-2298. [Publisher]
- Alfadhli A., Darling J., Hillis A. J. Control of active seat with vehicle suspension preview information. Journal of Vibration and Control, Vol. 24, Issue 8, 2018, p. 1412-26. [Publisher]
- Khodadadi H., Ghadiri H. Self-tuning PID controller design using fuzzy logic for half car active suspension system. International Journal of Dynamics and Control, Vol. 6, 2018, p. 224-232. [Publisher]
- Kumar V., Rana K. P. S., Kumar J., Mishra P. Self-tuned robust fractional order fuzzy PD controller for uncertain and nonlinear active suspension system. Neural Computing and Applications, Vol. 30, 2018, p. 1827-1843. [Publisher]
- Liang Y. J., Li N., Gao D. X., Wang Z. S. Optimal vibration control for nonlinear systems of tracked vehicle half-car suspensions. International Journal of Control, Automation and Systems, Vol. 15, Issue 4, 2017, p. 1675-1683. [Publisher]
- Bedük Durukan M., Çalışkan Kemal, Henze Roman Advanced parameter analysis for damper influence on ride dynamics. Journal of Vibration and Control, Vol. 24, Issue 8, 2018, p. 1393-411. [Publisher]
- Haiyan Z., Weixuan C., Jinyang Z., Yilin Z., Hong C. Modular integrated longitudinal, lateral, and vertical vehicle stability control for distributed electric vehicles. IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology, Vol. 68, Issue 2, 2019, p. 1327-1338. [Publisher]
- Huihui P., Xingjian J., Weichao S., Huijun G. Bio-inspired dynamics-based adaptive tracking control for nonlinear suspension systems. IEEE Transactions on Control Systems Technology, Vol. 26, Issue 3, 2018, p. 903-914. [Publisher]