When managing personal data, the Company follows the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 of the European Parliament and the Council, the Law on the Legal Protection of Personal Data of the Republic of Lithuania, the requirements of the Law on Electronic Communications of the Republic of Lithuania and other related legal acts.
Data controller – UAB "JVE International" registration address Skruzdynės str. 9A-6, Neringa, the Republic of Lithuania, email address Show Email Address.
1. The company performs data processing activities
1.1. The company informs that the following personal data (categories of personal data) can be collected and processed on this web site
- Personal data of the authors;
- Personal data of the clients;
- Personal data of Conference participant;
- Personal data of guest speakers, members and chairmen of the organizing committee;
- Personal data of reviewers, editors and editorial board members;
- Web site user's information
1.2. The above personal data (categories of personal data) is processed for the following purposes:
- Magazine publishing;
- Publication of articles;
- To organize the conferences;
- To answer the data subject's request;
- Web site administration;
- Conclusion and fulfillment of contracts.
1.3. The specified personal data are collected and processed only in accordance with the legal grounds specified in legal acts. The above mentioned personal data is processed in accordance with these legal grounds:
- The personal data is necessary for the fulfillment of a legal obligation (Article 6 (1) (c) of the GDPR);
- Data necessary in order to fulfill the contract (Article 6 (1) b) of the GDPR);
- Legitimate interests of the Data controller (Article 6 (1) f) of the GDPR).
1.4. We inform you that your personal data will be stored for:
- To the extent necessary to fully fulfill the Company's functions to provide public information, and to fulfill the information and journalism freedom rights;
- The accounting documents (invoices, payment orders, advances accounts, cash flow statements, etc.) and other documents are stored for 10 years from the date of the document;
- Delivery address, contact phone and a payment order copies: 12 months after the order is executed;
- Reviewers, Editorial, and Editorial Board members personal data - as long as persons are members of Board and 5 years after that;
- The personal data of conference participants and guest speakers, members and chairmen of the Organizing Committee shall be stored for 1 year after the date of the conference. Except for information published in publications. This data shall be stored as long as it is necessary for a Company to provide public information and information freedom functions.
- Visual matter published on the website and social networks shall be stored for 5 years from the date of the publication.
- Web site user's personal data – for 90 days.
This term may be extended if personal data is used or may be used as evidence or source of information in a pre-trial or other investigation, including in the investigation, civil, administrative or criminal proceedings conducted by the State Data Inspection, or in other cases established by law. In this case, personal data may be stored to the extent necessary for such data processing purposes and destroyed immediately when it becomes unnecessary.
1.5. The data shall not be used for automated decision-making, including profiling.
1.6. The personal data shall be transferred:
- to data processors who perform certain actions and provide services (intermediaries who manage data for the establishment and administration of contracts with customers; information technology companies that process data to ensure the development, improvement and maintenance of information systems; companies that provide communication with client services, also providing security and other services, including law, finance, tax, business management, personnel administration, accounting services);
- to courts, law enforcement agencies or state institutions to the extent that such provision is provided by legal requirements (for example bailiffs, courts, etc.);
- to other persons with the separate individual consent, if such consent is obtained on a case-by-case basis.
1.8. Our website is not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children.
2. Cookies policy
2.1. A cookie is a file containing an identifier (a string of letters and numbers) that is sent by a web server to a web browser and is stored by the browser. The identifier is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server.
2.2. Cookies are used for these purposes in the Company web site:
- Technical cookies. Technical cookies help you to display the Company's web sites also to ensure its functionality, create a user account, login and manage orders. These technical cookies are essential in order for a web sites to function.
- Functional cookies. Functional cookies are designed to remember what web site visitors were interested in and to use the web sites efficiently. For example, these cookies remember the preferred language, searches and previews of the site's visitors in order for the site's visitor not to have re-enter the login details again. These functional cookies are not essential for the site to function, but these cookies add functionality and improve the operations of the site.
- Analytical cookies allow the Company to recognize and to count the number of visitors to the web sites, to see how visitors move around the web sites when they are using it and to record which content viewers view and are interested in. This helps the Company to determine how frequently particular pages and advertisements are visited and to determine the most popular areas of Company's web sites. This helps us to improve the service which we offer to you by helping us make sure our users are finding the information they are looking for, by providing anonymized demographic data to third parties in order to target advertising more appropriately to visitors, and by tracking the success of advertising campaigns on Company's web sites
- Targeting & Advertising Cookies. These cookies are used to deliver adverts and communications more relevant to you and your interests. They are also used to limit the number of times you see an advertisement as well as to help measure the effectiveness of advertising campaign. They are usually placed by advertising networks with the website operator's permission. They remember that you have visited a website and this information is shared with other organizations such as advertisers. Quite often targeting or advertising cookies will be linked to site functionality provided by the other organization.
- Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies and to delete cookies. The methods for doing so vary from browser to browser, and from version to version. To obtain up-to-date information about blocking and deleting cookies please consult the "Help" section of your internet browser (or alternatively visit http://www.aboutcookies.org).
2.3. Information about cookies used:
|cookies-consent||tracking||JVE International||1 year|
|ARRAffinity||load balancing||Microsoft IIS||session|
|ai_session||analytics||Azure Application Insights||30 minutes|
|ai_user||analytics||Azure Application Insights||1 year|
|_ga||analytics||Google Analytics||2 years|
|_gat||analytics||Google Analytics||24 hours|
|_gid||analytics||Google Analytics||24 hours|
3. Your principal rights under data protection law are:
- the right to access;
- the right to rectification;
- the right to erasure;
- the right to restrict processing;
- the right to object to processing;
- the right to data portability;
- the right to object automated individual decision-making;
- the right to complain to a supervisory authority; and
- the right to withdraw consent. Consent can be withdrawn at any time by contacting the UAB "JVE International".
Applications for the rights of the data subject to the company must be submitted in writing (including electronic format), it must also be possible to identify the identity of the person who submitted the request and the data subject. If the request is sent by the data subject by post or by the courier, a copy of the document confirming the identity of the data subject, approved in accordance with the procedure established by the legal acts, must be attached to the application.
Regarding the applications of the rights of the data subject please contact the UAB "JVE International".
4. Safety of personal data
Technical and organizational dataprotection measures meet the requirements pursuant to General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 of the European Parliament and the Council, the Law on the Legal Protection of Personal Data of the Republic of Lithuania, the requirements of the Law on Electronic Communications of the Republic of Lithuania and other related legal acts.
5. The rights of defense
We inform you that individuals have the right to complain about actions (omissions) of the Company to the State Data Protection Inspectorate and the court in accordance with the procedure established by legal acts, as well as to appeal to the court actions (omission) of the State Data Protection Inspectorate.
6. UAB "JVE International" Policy Towards Children
6.1. UAB "JVE International" is committed to complying with all applicable laws and regulations regarding the collection, storage and use of personally identifiable information concerning children under the age of 16.
7. Final provisions
7.1. The Company may provide hyperlinks to third-party web sites as a convenience to users of the web site or for advertising purposes. The Company does not control third-party web sites and is not responsible for the contents of any linked-to, third-party web sites or any hyperlink in a linked-to web site. We do not endorse, recommend or approve any third-party web site hyperlinked from the Web Site. We will have no liability to any entity for the content or use of the content available through such hyperlink. We do not endorse or hold ourselves responsible for the privacy policies or information gathering practices of any other web site, other than sites run by us. You understand that the information and opinions in the third party content represent solely the thoughts of the author and is neither endorsed by nor does it necessarily reflect our belief.
7.2. The Parties undertake to maintain the confidentiality of the information, which were acquired when concluding Agreements through this web site, and shall not reveal any information to the third parties except under the circumstances which are specified in the Agreement or under the legal acts.
7.4. For any questions regarding the processing of personal data in the Company, please contact Company through the following contacts: email Show Email Address, phone No. +370 670 01533