Nonlinear oscillations of flexible pendulum systems under action of periodical excitation
О. V. Barmina1 , M. F. Zeytman2
1, 2Mechanical Engineering Research Institute of the Russian Academy of Science, Moscow, Russia
Vibroengineering PROCEDIA, Vol. 8, 2016, p. 386-391.
Received 7 September 2016; accepted 13 September 2016; published 7 October 2016
Nonlinear oscillations of a flexible pendulum system with the periodical excitation by two forces of different frequency are considered. Both forces are applied to an inertia center of a pendulum load. One of them is directed tangentially to the trajectory of motion, and another one coincides on a direction with tangent to the elastic line of a pendulum flexible rod. Such system is offered as a dynamic model for a vibrational regimes examination of some mechanical objects with the motion independent forms of their deformed elements. The quasilinear movement equations of their forced vibrations with the parametric excitation attributes at the both frequencies and also a purely forced vibration regime with a single frequency were obtained.
Keywords: flexible pendulum system, periodical excitation, nonlinear motion equations, parametric excitation.
- Zeytman M. F., Kushul M. Ja Nonlinear oscillations of flexible pendulums with elastic connections. Solid Body Mechanics, 1966, p. 45-53, (in Russian). [Search CrossRef]
- Kushul M. Ja Motion of gyroscope with flexible axle by action of gravity forces and elastic connections at small angles of nutation and stability of its vertical rotation. Applied Mathematics and Mechanics, Vol. 32, Issue 4, 1968, p. 553-566, (in Russian). [Search CrossRef]
- Zeitman M. F. Nonlinear oscillations of flexible vertical gyroscopic rotors. Proceedings of ENOC, Saint Petersburg, 2008. [Search CrossRef]
- Pokorny P. Control of stability of nonlinear elastic pendulum. Proceedings of ENOC, Saint Petersburg, 2008. [Search CrossRef]
- Pokorny P. Stability condition for vertical oscillation of 3-dim heavy spring elastic pendulum. Regular and Chaotic Dynamics, Vol. 13, Issue 3, 2008, p. 155-165. [Search CrossRef]
- Holm D. D., Lynch P. Stepwise precession of the resonant swinging spring. SIAM Journal on Applied Dynamical Systems, Vol. 1, Issue 1, 2002, p. 44-64. [Search CrossRef]
- Lynch P., Houghton C. Pulsation and precession of the resonant swinging spring. Journal of Physics D: Applied Physics, Vol. 190, 2004, p. 38-62. [Search CrossRef]
- Miller N. J., Shaw S. W., Oporeza-Ramos L. A., Turner K. L. Analysis of a novel MEMS gyroscope actuated by parametric resonance. Proceedings of ENOC, Saint Petersburg, 2008. [Search CrossRef]