1Tadeusz Kościuszko Cracow University of Technology, Cracow, Poland
2IT Company SCAD Soft, Kiev, Ukraine
Journal of Measurements in Engineering, Vol. 6, Issue 4, 2018, p. 173-180.
Received 16 October 2018; received in revised form 23 November 2018; accepted 30 November 2018; published 31 December 2018
This paper provides the formulation of the problem of forced vibrations of structures, which has the following peculiarities: equations of motion are formulated in absolute coordinates allowing to take into account the asynchronous excitations of the supports, smoothing of the time functions for forced displacements with the help of Hermite polynomials, and also the possibility of considering damping that does not obey the Rayleigh hypothesis.
Keywords: finite element method, structural dynamics, seismic analysis, asynchronous excitations, local and material damping.
- Clough R. W., Penzien J. Dynamics of Structures. Computers and Structures Inc., Berkeley, CA, USA, 2003. [CrossRef]
- Karpilovskyi V. S., Kryksunov E. Z., Maliarenko A. A., Perelmuter A. V., Perelmuter M. A., Fialko S. Y. SCAD Office. Version 21, System SCAD++, SCAD Soft, 2018, https://scadsoft.com/download/SCAD1033.pdf. [CrossRef]
- Zienkiewicz O. C., Taylor R. L. The Finite Element Method. Fifth Edition, Vol. 2, Solid Mechanics, Butterworth – Heinemann, 2000. [CrossRef]
- Miranda I., Ferencz R. M., Hughes T. J. R. An improved implicit-explicit time integration method for structural dynamics. Earthquake Engineering and Structural Dynamics, Vol. 18, 1989, p. 643-653. [Publisher]
- Fialko S. Y. Application of rigid links in structural design models. International Journal for Computational Civil and Structural Engineering, Vol. 13, Issue 3, 2017, p. 119-137. [Publisher]
- Seismic Micro Districting of the Chernobyl NPP Industrial Site and Seismic Monitoring of the Shelter Facility. Report S. I. Subbotin Institute of Geophysics. NAS of Ukraine, Kiev, 1995-1996, (in Russian). [CrossRef]
- Dulińska J., Zięba A. Dynamic response of pipelines to non-uniform kinematic excitation. Technical Transactions, Civil Engineering, 2005, p. 3-21. [CrossRef]
- Zembaty Z. Vibrations of bridge structure under kinematic wave excitations. Journal of Structural Engineering, Vol. 123, Issue 4, 1997, p. 479-488. [Publisher]