The dynamics of a nonautonomous oscillator with friction memory
L. A. Igumnov1 , V. S. Metrikin2 , M. V. Zaytzev3
1, 2Research Institute for mechanics, National Research Lobachevsky State University of Nizhni Novgorod, Nizhny Novgorod, Russia
3National Research Lobachevsky State University of Nizhni Novgorod, Nizhny Novgorod, Russia
Vibroengineering PROCEDIA, Vol. 8, 2016, p. 356-360.
Received 22 May 2016; accepted 3 September 2016; published 7 October 2016
In this article, an oscillator is considered in which one of its component moves periodically and for which static friction is taken to be time-dependent. The dynamics of the oscillator are analyzed using Poincare map to find shifts between periodic and chaotic motion with the change of the model parameters (amplitude and frequency of velocity of the periodic motion and the coefficient of static friction as a function of the time of stationary contact).
Keywords: mathematical model, Poincare map, bifurcation diagram, time-dependent static friction, chaos.
Development of mathematical model is financially supported by Russian Science Foundation, Project No. 16-19-10237. Investigation of numerical results was financed within the framework of the base part of State Task of the Ministry of Education and Science Project, No. 2014/134 2226.
- Ishlinskiyi A. Yi., Kragelskiyi I. V. About racing in friction. Journal of Technical Physics, Vol. 4/5, Issue 14, 1944, p. 276-282, (in Russian). [CrossRef]
- Kahenevskiyi L. Ia. Stochastic auto-oscillations with dry friction. Inzh-fiz Journal, Vol. 47, Issue 1, 1984, p. 143-147, (in Russian). [CrossRef]
- Vetukov M. M., Dobroslavskiyi S. V., Nagaev R. F. Self-oscillations in a system with dry friction characteristic of hereditary type. Proceedings of the USSR Academy of Solid Mechanics, Vol. 1, 1990, p. 23-28, (in Russian). [CrossRef]
- Metrikin V. S., Nagaev R. F., Stepanova V. V. Periodic and stochastic self-oscillations in a system with dry friction hereditary type. Journal Applied Mathematics and Mechanics, Vol. 5, Issue 60, 1996, p. 859-864, (in Russian). [CrossRef]
- Leine R. I., van Campen D. H., Kraker A. D. E. Stick-slip vibrations induced by alternate friction models. Journal Nonlinear Dynamics, Vol. 16, 1998, p. 41-54. [CrossRef]
- Leine R. I., van Campen D. H., Kraker A. D. E. An approximate analysis of dryfriction-induced stick-slip vibrations by a smoothing procedure. Journal Nonlinear Dynamics, Vol. 19, 1999, p. 157-169. [CrossRef]
- Leine R. I., van Campen D. H. Discontinuous fold bifurcations in mechanical systems. Archive of Applied Mechanics, Vol. 72, 2002, p. 138-146. [CrossRef]
- Feygin M. I. Forced Oscillations of Systems with Discontinuous Nonlinearities. Science, 1994, p. 285, (in Russian). [CrossRef]
- Neymark Iy. I. The Method of Point Mappings in the Theory of Nonlinear Oscillations. Science, 1972, p. 471, (in Russian). [CrossRef]
- Shuster G. Deterministic Chaos. Peace, 1988, p. 237, (in Russian). [CrossRef]