Influence of the gap and the friction on trajectory reproduction accuracy in a multiaxis machine with CNC
O. V. Pas’1 , N. A. Serkov2
1, 2Blagonravov Institute of Engineering Science, Russian Academy of Sciences, Griboedova st. 4, Moscow, 101830, Russia
Vibroengineering PROCEDIA, Vol. 8, 2016, p. 483-488.
Received 29 July 2016; accepted 30 August 2016; published 7 October 2016
Precision multiaxis machining centers with CNC and industrial robots are the base of modern mechanical engineering. The requirements of reproduction accuracy of the motion trajectory of operative parts of the NCaided manufacturing equipment are constantly increasing. Gaps and a friction in drives are a main factor affecting the accuracy of trajectory reproduction. The results of the investigation into the influence of gaps and a friction in drive mechanisms covered and not covered by position feedback loop on the accuracy of trajectory reproduction by the imitation modeling method are described.
Keywords: multiaxis machine with CNC, simulation model, servodrive, backlash model, friction model, reference circle test, digital correction.
- Marchi J. A. Modeling of Dynamic Friction, Impact Backlash and Elastic Compliance Nonlinearities in Machine Tools, with Applications to Asymmetric Viscous and Kinetic Friction Identification. Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, Troy, http://www.perihelia.com/doc/phdweb.pdf, 1998. [Search CrossRef]
- Armstrong-Helouvry B., Dupont P., De Wit C. C. A survey of models, analysis tools and compensation methods for the control of machines with friction. Automatica, Vol. 30, Issue 7, 1994, p. 1083-1138. [Search CrossRef]
- Andreichikov B. Dinamicheskaya Tochnost’ Sistem Programmnogo Upravleniya Stankami (Dynamical Accuracy for Lathes Program Control Systems). Mashinostroenie, Moscow, 1964, (in Russian). [Search CrossRef]
- Pas’ O., Serkov N. The way to simulate bearing system response to step power excitation for multi-coordinate machine with numerical program control. Proceedings of the 3rd International Science Conference “Fundamental Researches and Innovation Technologies in Machinery Manufacturing”, 2014, p. 225-227, (in Russian). [Search CrossRef]
- Pas’ O., Serkov N. Correction of servo drive dynamic errors caused by dry friction. Proceedings of the 3rd International School for Young Scientists “Nonlinear Dynamics of Machines”, 2016, p. 245-251, (in Russian). [Search CrossRef]