Study of the motion of a mechanical system due to the oscillatory motion of the side links
Sergey Jatsun1 , Lyudmila Vorochaeva2 , Sergey Efimov3
1, 2, 3Southwest State University, Kursk, Russia
Vibroengineering PROCEDIA, Vol. 8, 2016, p. 74-79.
Received 30 June 2016; accepted 24 August 2016; published 7 October 2016
In this paper we study a five-link mechanical system, whose links are connected by cylindrical hinges equipped with actuators. The central link is the body and the side links execute oscillatory motion, which provides the required motion of the body. Such a system can be used as an ornithopter during antiphase oscillations of the side links with the same amplitudes and also during alternation of the stages of motion, in which forces of resistance acting on the links rise and fall.
Keywords: five-link system, cylindrical hinges, oscillations, synchronous movements, aerodynamic drag.
Work supported by RSF, Project No. 14-39-00008.
- Bolotnik Zeydis N. N. I. M., Zimmerman K., Yatsun S. F. Dynamics of controlled movements of vibrating systems. Theory and Control Systems, Izvestiya RAN, Vol. 5, 2006, p. 157-167. [Search CrossRef]
- Chernous’ko F. L. Optimal two-mass system of periodic motion in a resistant medium. PMM, Vol. 72, Issue 2, 2008, p. 202-215. [Search CrossRef]
- Volkova Yu L., Jatsun S. F. Simulation of the plane controlled motion of a three-mass vibration system. Journal of Computer and Systems Sciences International. Vol. 51, 2012, p. 859-878. [Search CrossRef]
- Jatsun S. F., Lupehina I. V., Panovko Ja G., Volkova Yu L. Dynamics of the vibration driven tool at its interaction with the processing material. 13th World Congress in Mechanism and Machine Science, 2011, p. 1-5. [Search CrossRef]
- Efimov S. V., Polyakov R. Y., Vorochaeva L. Y., Jatsun S. F. Bouncing dragonfly-like mini-robot. Fundamental Research, Vol. 9, 2015, p. 455-459. [Search CrossRef]
- Jatsun S.F., Lupehina I.V., Rukavitsin A.N. The study controlled motion of a jumping minirobot. Proceedings of the Higher Educational Institutions, North Caucasus Region, Vol. 2, 2011, p. 10-15. [Search CrossRef]